How to store marijuana for a long time?
Written by Mota Radio on 12 April, 2020
If you like to store your marijuana reserves for a long time, you should do so properly. Keep in mind that if you don’t take proper care of it, you risk losing it.
Here’s how to take care of your pot for the long term.
– The ideal relative humidity range for storing marijuana is 55-62%. This prevents mold growth and ensures bud quality and resin integrity. A balanced moisture content in the atmosphere will keep the grass fluffy, aromatic and potent for months.
– A cool, temperature-stable, light-safe space is perfect for long-term cannabis storage. Remember that excess light breaks down THC and heat will cause mould.
Where can you store it?
– Airtight bottles: make sure they do their job and have sturdy rubber seals. Air is your enemy if you have cured your buds properly. Fill the jar with the cured buds, without pressing, and close the lid tightly. If you have a humidifier, it is a very safe investment (humidity).
– Vacuum-sealed bags: these are used to preserve food. You can vacuum-seal 50 to 1000g of cannabis. In that, process all the air is removed, an important factor to limit the development of mold. The herb will last almost indefinitely if cured correctly. The bags are usually stored in the refrigerator or freezer for longer periods.
– Keep it in a cool place. Avoid warm places. Keep it away from pipes, heaters, hot water systems.
– Make sure you don’t accidentally contaminate it with spores. Also, make sure the bottles and bags are clean.
– Long-term storage will work if the grass has been properly cured. This is one of the main skills you should develop as a grower.
– Use glass or glazed ceramic bottles, not plastic ones, as this can cause sweating.